In this episode, I discuss the evidence surrounding supplements/substances that have some promise for enhancing endurance performance.
Evidence-Based Supplementation for Endurance Performance - One-Page Reference Guide
1. Bishop, D. (2010). Dietary supplements and team-sport performance. Sports medicine, 40(12), 995-1017.
2. Jones, A. M. (2014). Dietary nitrate supplementation and exercise performance. Sports medicine, 44(1), 35-45.
3. Kreider, R. B., Wilborn, C. D., Taylor, L., Campbell, B., Almada, A. L., Collins, R., ... & Kerksick, C. M. (2010). ISSN exercise & sport nutrition review: research & recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 7(1), 1.
4. Sports Nutrition Conference: Oxford, London. (2012). Available at https://myasucourses.asu.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-14289375-dt-content-rid-82469462_1/courses/2016FallB-X-NTR598-90747-90748/SNC%20London%202012.pdf.
5. Thomas, D. T., Erdman, K. A., & Burke, L. M. (2016). Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: nutrition and athletic performance. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 116(3), 501-528.
6. Peart, D.J., Siegler, J.C., & Vince, R.V. (2012). Practical recommendations for coaches and athletes: a meta-analysis of sodium bicarbonate use for athletic performance. The journal of strength & conditioning research, 26(7), 1975-1983.
7. Kern, M., Misell, L. M., Ordille, A., Alm, M., & Salewske, B. (2018). Double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized crossover pilot study evaluating the impacts of sodium bicarbonate in a transdermal delivery system on physiological parameters and exercise performance: 2402 Board# 238 June 1 1100 AM-1230 PM. Medicine & science in sports & exercise, 50(5S):595.
8. Misell, L., Kern, M., Ordille, A., Alm, M., & Salewske, B. (2018). Double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized crossover pilot study evaluating the impacts of sodium bicarbonate in a transdermal delivery system on delayed muscle onset soreness: 2403 Board# 239 June 1 1100 AM-1230 PM. Medicine & science in sports & exercise, 50(5S):595.
Love our content and want to support our show? Click the link here and consider supporting us by becoming a Patreon member with options to get exclusive branded merchandise!Support the show